The WSFAB Outstanding Guide Award is presented annually to an Alberta resident in Memory of Franklin Ross.
The winner shall have been nominated for the Award by a current member of WSFAB, and selected to receive the Award by a committee that has been designated by the WSFAB Board of Directors. Preference will be given to a sheep guide.
Nomination Deadline: January 31
Submit your entries to [email protected] and include "Franklin Ross Outstanding Guide Award" in the subject line.
Among the criteria the committee will consider are the following:
- A commitment to high ethical standards and sportsmanship.
- The esteem in which the guide is held by his/her hunting community, and his/her peers.
- Consistent willingness to go the extra mile to ensure a quality hunting experience for his/her clients.
- Knowledge of the country that he/she hunts and the big game animals inhabiting that country.
- A work ethic and dedication to the health, safety and well-being of his/her clients.
The guide does not have to be a current member of WSFA but should be encouraged to join by their nominators.
2019 – Scott Kennedy
2018 – Gary Cruickshank
2017 – Cameron Fancy
2016 – Steve Crawford
2015 – Quintin Thompson
2014 – Kelly Wiebe
2013 – Buckle given to each of Frank’s parents - Carrol and Wayne